Portobello Mushroom Salad
Serve with Three Vegetable Penne with Tarragon-Basil Pesto.
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, wiped clean and very thinly sliced
- 4 ribs celery and their green tops, thinly sliced on an angle
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, picked of stems but left whole
- 1 lemon (Heads up: you’ll need lemon zest for the pesto later, so zest and reserve before you cut this lemon to juice it for this salad.)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- A couple of handfuls shaved Parmiginao Reggiano cheese
Arrange the mushrooms and celery on a platter and scatter the parsley leaves around. Squeeze the lemon juice evenly over the platter then liberally drizzle the salad with extra-virgin olive oil, about 3 tablespoons. Season the salad with salt and lots of black pepper and toss with your finger tips to combine. Using a vegetable peeler, shave cheese and scatter a couple of handfuls Parmigiano Reggiano over the salad.