Pumpkin Polenta with Grilled Vegetables and Sausage
If pumpkin polenta doesn’t remind you of autumn and Halloween, we don’t know what will! This recipe tops polenta with grilled sausages and veggies, but you can get creative and substitute pork tenderloin or grilled chicken breasts instead of the Italian sausages. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 head radicchio, cored and cut in quarters
- 2 pieces hot Italian sausage
- 2 pieces sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cups chicken stock, regular or low sodium
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 ounces) or frozen butternut squash puree, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
Drizzle the EVOO over the eggplant and radicchio. Grill the sausage, eggplant and radicchio until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
While the sausage and vegetables are cooking, bring the chicken stock and milk to a boil in a saucepan. Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir in the polenta with a wooden spoon until it all comes together. Stir in the pumpkin puree and then add the honey. Finish with the rosemary, salt and plenty of black pepper.
When the sausage and vegetables finish cooking, slice the sausage on a bias and serve over the polenta mixture with the vegetables.