Roast Kielbasa Supper
The aroma of roasted kielbasa, apples, onions and potatoes touched with honey is almost as good as this five-ingredient dish, itself!
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, halved or quartered, depending on how large they are
- 4 large onions, quartered, with root end attached
- 2 pounds kielbasa, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 Gala or Honeycrisp apples, cut into wedges
- Honey, for garnish
Pre-heat the oven to 425˚F.
In a large, shallow roasting pan, drizzle the potatoes and onions with EVOO, salt and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes.
Drizzle the apples with honey, EVOO, salt and pepper. Add the kielbasa and apples to the potatoes and onions in the last 20 minutes of cooking time.
To serve, arrange the kielbasa, apples, onions and potatoes on dinner plates and garnish with the pan juices.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.