Roasted Parsnip and Potato Fries
Serve the fries with Balsamic Ketchup.
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 4-inch fries (about 1/2-inch wide)
- 1 pound starchy potatoes (such as Idahos), cut lengthwise into 10 wedges per potato
- About 3 tablespoons EVOO, for coating
- Leaves from 2 or 3 sprigs of rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
In a large bowl, toss the parsnips and potatoes with EVOO, rosemary, garlic, and salt and pepper. Scatter the potatoes on a baking sheet in one layer. Roast for 15 minutes. Flip the fries and roast until golden and crisp at edges, 12 to 15 minutes more.