Sautéed Pork Chops with Sherry-Berry Pan Gravy and Rhubarb Chutney
Try something a little different with pork chops! The gravy and chutney really jazz up the pork with delicious sweet and tangy flavors. Serve with Fried Vermicelli and Green Onions.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from a wedge of lemon)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 stalks rhubarb, trimmed and chopped (about 1/2 pound)
- A handful of golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 boneless, center-cut pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef stock
- 2 tablespoons strawberry, blackberry or raspberry all fruit spread, such as Polaner brand
In a medium skillet over medium heat melt two tablespoons of butter. Add sugar, lemon juice and vinegar and bring to a bubble. Add rhubarb and raisins and cook 10-12 minutes, until rhubarb is tender. Turn off the heat and set aside until the pork chops are done.
Place a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with two tablespoons EVOO, about two turns of the pan. When the EVOO smokes or ripples, add chops, season with salt and pepper and cook six minutes on each side. Remove the chops and keep warm under a foil tent while the meat rests.
Add the remaining butter to the pan. When it melts, add the flour and cook one minute. Whisk in sherry and reduce 30 seconds, then whisk in stock, followed by the all fruit preserves. Season the gravy with a little black pepper. Serve chops with gravy ladled over top and rhubarb chutney along side.