Sesame-Soy Green Beans and Peppers
Serve with Ginger Flank Steak with Wasabi Smashed Potatoes.
- 3/4 pound green beans – look for trimmed, raw packaged beans in your produce department
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Cut the green beans into 2-inch pieces on an angle.
Place the beans in a skillet. Add water and salt, to taste, and cook the beans for 5 minutes. Drain.
Place the skillet back on stove and add the vegetable oil, about two turns of the pan. Heat the pan over high heat until the oil smokes. Add the beans and red peppers and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the soy and sesame oil and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.