Shrimp Cocktail Salad Rolls
- 16 large, store-bought, peeled, de-veined and cooked shrimp, tails removed and chopped into bite-size pieces (look for them near the seafood counter)
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced, then stacked and julienned into matchsticks
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, both green and white parts, thinly sliced on an angle
- 6 stalks celery, two finely chopped and four cut into sticks
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup store-bought cocktail sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 hot dog buns, split on the top
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 bag rosemary potato chips, or any other healthy chip you like
In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the shrimp, radishes, bell pepper, scallions and chopped celery.
For the dressing: In a separate mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, Worcestershire, hot sauce and cocktail sauce. Whisk in the EVOO and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour the dressing over the shrimp salad, toss to combine and reserve in the fridge until ready to serve.
Pre-heat a large skillet over medium heat. While the skillet is heating, brush the hot dog buns with the melted butter. Toast in the skillet until golden brown. Fill the buns with the shrimp salad. Serve with carrot and celery sticks and healthy potato chips alongside.