Sliced Tuna Steak with Kale and White Bean Salad
This quick-cooking light and colorful meal is perfect for summer entertaining.
- 4 tuna steaks, 1-1 1/2 inches thick (1 1/2-1 3/4 pounds total)
- About 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large cloves garlic, minced or pasted
- 4 cups baby kale (about 4 fat handfuls)
- 4 plum tomatoes or vine tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans (15 ounces), rinsed and drained
- 2-3 small ribs celery with leafy tops, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
Pre-heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high. Drizzle the tuna with EVOO and season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice, thyme, vinegar, mustard and garlic. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup EVOO until the dressing is smooth; season. Add the kale, tomatoes, onion, beans, celery and parsley. Toss to coat; season again. Divide the salad among plates or shallow bowls.
Grill the tuna until cooked to desired doneness, 2-3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Slice the tuna and arrange on the salad.