Sloppy Joe DiMaggios- Serves a whole team of 9 little leaguers!
Serve with Corny Salad.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EV00)
- 2 pounds lean ground sirloin or ground turkey
- 1 packages beef or pork hot dogs, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (such as Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can tomato sauce (14.5 ounces)
- 9 soft burger rolls – like at the ballpark
Heat the EVOO, a turn of the pan, in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and crumble as it browns. Add chopped hot dogs after 3-4 minutes then cook 3-4 minutes more. Add the onions to the pan and cook to soften, 5-6 minutes more. In a bowl mix the spices, sugar, Worcestershire and tomato sauce. Pour sauce over the meat and simmer a few minutes to combine flavors. Slop onto buns and serve.