South Philly Antipasto Salad
Serve with Philly Cheesesteak Pizza.
- 1/3 pound chunk Genoa salami, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup hot pepper rings
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (1 roasted red pepper can be substituted)
- 1/2 pint marinated mushrooms
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint red grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 pint yellow grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 hearts of romaine, roughly chopped
- 1 can artichokes in water (15 ounces), quartered
- Red wine vinegar, a good drizzle
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), a good drizzle
Combine all of the ingredients in a large salad bowl and give it a good drizzle of both the red wine vinegar and EVOO. Season with a little salt and pepper, toss together and serve.