Spicy Chopped Salad
Serve with Grilled Chicken Cutlet Parmigiana.
- 2 cups giardiniera – Italian hot pickled vegetable salad (pepperoncini, cauliflower, carrots and celery, available on the Italian foods aisle at the market), drained and chopped
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted good quality olives, any variety
- 1/3 pound stick pepperoni or stick salami, diced
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (eyeball it)
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl and dress with the vinegar and EVOO (eyeball it), then season with salt and pepper, to taste.