Spinach and Arugula Salad with Orange
Serve with Italian Barbecued Chicken with Polenta.
- 1 tablespoon marmalade
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 cups young spinach
- 2-3 cups arugula
- 1 navel orange, peeled and thinly sliced into discs
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
In the bottom of a shallow salad bowl, combine the marmalade with the juice of 1 lemon, then whisk in the EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Add the greens and toss with the oranges and onion and season with salt and pepper. Top with the hazelnuts.