Super Stuffed Baked Apples Ã la Mode
These delicious apples are easy to make and will fill your kitchen with the smells of autumn and the holidays. Try serving for dessert with Chicken Mug Pie.
- 4 large McIntosh or Empire apples, cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup instant oatmeal mix or rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (a healthy grating)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces golden raisins (1/8 cup), chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped or walnut pieces or pecans
- 1 pint dulce de leche (caramel) ice cream or caramel swirl ice cream
- Whipped cream, from a canister
Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
Sprinkle cored apples with lemon juice. Mix next seven ingredients and over-stuff apples with mixture. Bake 20 minutes in a small, ovensafe dish. Transfer apples to small bowls with a spoon and top with ice cream and whipped cream.