- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallion whites, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 fresh red Fresno chile, seeded and finely chopped
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, sea salt, and lime juice until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Add the carrot, cucumber, and scallion whites, and toss to combine.
Make-ahead: Transfer to a plastic food storage container and refrigerate.
Night of: Add the mint and chile just before serving, and toss to combine.