- 2 eggs
- Splash of milk or half-and-half
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs, (eyeball it)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano, (a couple of handfuls)
- Handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 12 large fresh spinach and cheese ravioli, about 3/4 pound
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (14 ounces)
Beat eggs and a splash of milk seasoned with salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs with cheese and parsley in a second dish. Coat the fresh pasta in egg then bread crumbs. Heat 3 tablespoons EVOO over medium heat in a skillet then toast the ravioli until deep golden, 3-4 minutes on each side.
In a small sauce pot heat the remaining EVOO and the garlic and red pepper flakes over medium-low heat. Grind the roasted peppers in the food processor and add to garlic after it sautés for a couple of minutes. Stir in tomatoes and season the sauce with salt and pepper. When ready to serve, transfer sauce to a small bowl. Surround the sauce with toasted ravioli for dipping and serve.