Tuna with Citrus Gremolata
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, 1 zested and 1 juiced, divided
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 large cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 pounds tuna steaks
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
Before cooking the tuna, make the gremolata: combine the parsley, lemon zest and orange zest in a small bowl. Stir in the finely chopped garlic and reserve.
Cut the tuna into bricks about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide, three pieces per portion. Season the tuna with rosemary, salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle with EVOO and let stand for 10-15 minutes. When ready to cook, heat a healthy drizzle of EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the EVOO is hot, add the tuna and cook for 2 minutes on each side for rare doneness or 3-4 minutes on each side for opaque fish. Douse the pan with the lemon juice. Arrange the fish on a platter, scatter the gremolata over the top and serve.