Vegetable-Noodle Stir Fry
This stir fry is a wonderful combo of veggies, noodles and Asian seasonings.
- 1 pound whole grain spaghetti or linguine pasta
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 baby bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch scallions, chopped into 3-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- A handful of snow peas, thinly sliced on an angle
- One 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Tamari (dark soy sauce) or other soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons black bean sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce or sambal olek sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
While the pasta is working, in a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, one turn of the pan, over high heat. Add the eggs and scramble until firm. Transfer to a plate. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, two turns of the pan, and heat until smoking. Add the bok choy, bell pepper, scallions, carrots and snow peas and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and stir fry for 1 minute more.
In a small bowl, stir together the Tamari (dark soy sauce), black bean sauce, lime juice, hot sauce, honey and sesame oil.
Toss the pasta with the sauce and vegetables. Top with the eggs.