Veggies & Dip to Go: Roasted Carrot Veggie Dip
Help your hostess with this easy appetizer or carry it along for a snack on the go.
Tip: Make this recipe super simple to bring with you by putting the dip in a deep, round food storage container or leftover deli container. Cut your veggies to the height of the container and stand them up in the dip, then pop on your lid and you’ve got veggies and dip when you’re ready for it!
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2-1 cup nonfat Greek-style yogurt, depending on how creamy you want it
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Assorted veggies for dipping, such as celery, bell pepper and zucchini spears
Pre-heat the oven to 425ºF.
Toss the carrots and EVOO together on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast the carrots until tender, about 20 minutes.
Transfer the carrots to a food processor and process until pureed and smooth. Add the yogurt, lemon zest and lemon juice and some salt and pepper to the processor. Continue to mix until smooth and combined.
Chill the dip and serve cold with veggies.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.