This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show . For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
White rice leftovers are ideal for whipping up this easy, spicy stir-fry.
Rach says the rice can also be cooked and cooled up to a day in advance.
- About 3 tablespoons high-temp cooking oil such as safflower or peanut
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices (about ½ pound) meaty bacon, chopped into ¾- to 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 5-6 cups cooked (1½ cups raw) brown or white rice, prepared to package directions in chicken stock rather than water, then cooled on small pan  and chilled
- 1 teaspoon light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing or dry sherry
- 2 scallions, finely chopped, or ½ cup chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons high-temperature cooking oil, such as safflower or peanut
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders or boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced into thin strips on bias
- 1 bunch leeks (2 large or 3 medium), trimmed of tough tops and root ends, halved, washed and sliced ½ to ¾ inch
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 1/2 inches ginger root, grated or minced
- 2 tablespoons gochujang paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 small Napa cabbage (about ¾ pound), quartered and sliced 1 inch
- 2 cups kimchi, drained
- Fish sauce or salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 eggs, to top chicken with sunny fried eggs (optional)
For the fried rice, whisk  up eggs seasoned with salt and pepper. In a large skillet  or wok , heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat, add eggs and scramble, then remove to bowl . Add bacon to pan  and cook to render and crisp the bacon, then remove to a plate.
Add 2 tablespoons high-temp oil to pan , add onion and garlic and stir until translucent, then add rice and fry 2 minutes. Add sugar, soy, Shaoxing or sherry, and scallions or chives. Remove from pan to serving bowl .
For the chicken stir fry, heat oil, 2 turns of the pan, add chicken and brown, then add leeks, garlic and ginger and toss 2 minutes more. Add gochujang and soy sauce and combine, then add Napa and wilt, then toss in kimchi, season with fish sauce or salt to taste, finish with sesame oil and garnish with sesame seeds.