7-Layer Hawaiian Pizza Buns
- 4 King’s Hawaiian Hamburger buns, opened & separated
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored, cut into thin slices* (8 needed for this recipe)
- 1 small red onion or shallot, cut into thin round slices
- 8 deli-slices mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or oregano, fine chopped
If using an oven, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Spread a tablespoon of sauce over each bun half. Top with a piece of Canadian bacon, slice of pineapple, a few slices of red onion and a slice of cheese. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and put in toaster oven until cheese is melted and golden brown, or place in regular oven until cheese is melted and golden brown. When done, remove and sprinkle with fresh basil before serving.
*Note: If you’d prefer less pineapple, cut your pineapple into chunks instead and sprinkle on after baking your pizzas.
[This recipe is part of a sponsorship with our partner, King’s Hawaiian.]