A creamy yet light sauce is the perfect complement to sweet corn and bacon in this flavorful combination from Rach.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 pound lean, thick cut bacon or pancetta, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4-6 ears fresh, sweet corn on the cob, kernels scraped
- 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- Black pepper, espelette or cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 pound egg tagliatelle or fettuccine
- Flat leaf parsley and chives, chopped
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, for serving
Bring a large pot  of water to a boil.
Heat the olive oil (two turns of the pan ) over medium-high heat in large skillet ; add the bacon and crisp. Remove to a plate; add the onion to the drippings and reduce the heat a bit. Cook to soften, then add the garlic, corn and thyme; cook until the corn just begins to lightly brown. Add the stock, bring to a bubble and reduce a minute or so. Stir in the mascarpone cheese and reduce the heat to low.
Salt the boiling water and cook the pasta to al dente. Add a ladle of the starchy cooking water to the sauce, drain the pasta and add it to the pan . Toss vigorously with the corn sauce, bacon and a handful of cheese to combine and serve in shallow bowls  with parsley and chives on top; pass extra cheese at the table.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, visit