Baked Chicken with Dijon and Nutty Breadcrumbs
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 4 6- to 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and finely ground pepper
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling plus about 2 tablespoons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Dijon or grainy Dijon mustard
- About 1/3 cup toasted almonds or hazelnuts, processed into crumbs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or plain Panko breadcrumbs or gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Preheat oven to 400°F with a rack set in the upper third of the oven.
Arrange chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with EVOO then halve the zested lemon and douse each chicken breast with about 1 teaspoon juice from one of the lemon halves. Brush each with a tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
Combine nut crumbs with lemon zest, breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, thyme, chili flakes, oregano, salt and pepper. Coat each chicken breast with breadcrumbs, gently pressing them into place.
Bake chicken until cooked through and serve with remaining lemon cut into small wedges alongside.