Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash and Chicken Thighs
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 pints (about 20 to 24) large Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 pound butternut squash, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 shallots, quartered with root ends attached
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons aged Balsamic vinegar – the thicker the better
- 5 to 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- About 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin on or off, as you prefer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground paprika or smoked paprika
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Combine the Brussels sprouts, squash, shallots, lemon and garlic on baking sheet and dress with Balsamic, and about 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Arrange sprout with their cut sides down.
Toss chicken thighs with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, fennel seeds, chili flakes, granulated onion and garlic, sage, paprika or smoked paprika and coat evenly. Arrange chicken on top of the Brussels sprouts and bake about 30 minutes.