This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com .
For the Tacos:
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (a palmful) Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon (a palmful) chili powder, preferred brand Gebhart’s
- 2 teaspoons (2/3 palmful) each garlic powder, salt and ground pepper
- 1 12-ounce bottle blonde beer or lager
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 pounds Mahi Mahi or other white sustainable fish, cut into 3×1-inch sticks
- 16 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/2 small white cabbage, shredded
- Radishes, very thinly sliced
- Queso Fresco or Cotija cheese, crumbled
For the Chipotle Crema:
- 3 tablespoons chipotles in adobo
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup Mexican crema
For the Chunky Guacamole:
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
In a large bowl , whisk  up flour with Old Bay, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk  beer into batter then add egg and combine. Dunk fish pieces into batter and fry a few pieces at a time to deep golden brown. Salt fish when they come out of the oil, while they’re still hot. Keep warm in a moderate oven on a wire rack set on a rimmed baking sheet .
Char tortillas in hot, dry skillet  or over a burner flame.
Combine onion, jalapeño, salt, tomatoes and cilantro then fold in diced avocado and add lemon or lime juice.
Serve fish with tortillas and fixins alongside.