Black Bean and Corn Salad
It takes only minutes to make this sassy southwestern salad.
- 1 can black beans (14 ounces), rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin (half a palmful)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco (eyeball it)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil (eyeball it)
- Salt and pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Let stand for at least 15 minutes for the corn to fully defrost and the flavors to combine, then toss and serve. The corn will also place a quick-chill on this easy side-salad as it defrosts – no need to refrigerate!