Bloody Mary Tipsy Deviled Eggs
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 12 eggs
- About 1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 rounded tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, preferred brand Gold’s
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or yellow mustard
- Splash of ice cold vodka, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 small rib celery heart, minced plus finely chopped celery tops for garnish
- Celery salt and black pepper, to taste
- Tabasco or Sriracha sauce, to taste
In a saucepan, cover eggs with water and bring to full, rolling boil. Cover pan and remove from heat. Let eggs stand 11 minutes.
Crack eggshells and let the eggs stand in cold water to loosen shells, about 10 minutes.
For 12 whole stuffed eggs, peel eggs, cut off a third of the egg white on a bias and discard tops.
For 24 servings, cut eggs in half.
In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream or crème fraîche with tomato paste until evenly rosy in color throughout. Add horseradish, Worcestershire, mustard, vodka and minced celery and combine well. Carefully scoop the egg yolks into the bowl and mix to combine. Season with celery salt and pepper; add a few dashes of hot sauce to taste.
Place mixture in plastic food storage bag and cut off corner to make a pastry bag or pipe from a pastry bag with wide mouth scalloped tip. Garnish eggs with minced celery tops.