Bottom-of-the-Jar Spicy and Tangy Chicken Marinade
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
For the glaze:
- 3 to 4 tablespoons (the last of a jar) orange marmalade or cherry, apricot or plum preserves
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons Tamari sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Sriracha, for medium to spicy heat level
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 8 thighs or 4 one-inch thick pork chops or 4 skinless filets of salmon or halibut
- Salt and pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
Suggestion: Serve with roast broccolini or green beans and sweet or hot red peppers dressed with cooking spray, soy sauce, crushed garlic and toasted sesame oil, garnished with sesame seeds.
Add glaze ingredients to preserves jar and shake well.
Roast vegetables, if serving, in 425°F oven until brown at edges and tender-crisp, tossing occasionally. Top with sesame seeds.
Heat a large, nonstick skillet with oil, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high to high heat. Add seasoned chicken, pork or fish. Chicken will cook 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally; pork, 8-10 minutes; salmon or halibut, 7-8 minutes.
Pour glaze into pan and turn protein of choice to coat. Allow glaze to thicken, 1-2 minutes. Serve topped with scallions and vegetables alongside.