Buffalo Club Sandwiches
Get all the flavors of Buffalo chicken wings in a club sammie!
- 8 slices bacon, preferably peppered
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely choped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 4 turkey cutlets or chicken cutlets (5-6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce, preferably Frank’s Red Hot brand
- 12 slices sandwich bread, toasted
- 8 leaves bibb or green leaf lettuce
- 4 thick slices tomato, preferably heirloom
- Carrot and celery sticks, for serving
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
Arrange the bacon on a broiler pan and bake until crisp, 15-18 minutes.
While the bacon is cooking, in a small bowl, combine the crème fraîche, blue cheese crumbles, garlic, mustard, parsley and chives.
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, one turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Season the turkey cutlets with salt and pepper, add to the skillet and cook until golden, about 4 minutes on each side. Scoot the cutlets to the side of the pan, add the butter and heat until melted. Stir in the hot sauce and coat the cutlets; turn off the heat.
Layer each of four toast slices with a sauced turkey cutlet, another toast slice, a mound of the blue cheese spread, two criss-crossed slices of bacon, two lettuce leaves, one tomato slice, a sprinkling of salt and pepper and a third toast slice. Serve the clubs with the carrot and celery sticks.