Buffalo Turkey Chili Potato Skins
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 large Russet potatoes
- All-natural cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin, half a palmful
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander, half a palmful
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, preferred brand Gebhardt’s
- 2 pound ground turkey or ground turkey breast
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot hot sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups blue cheese or smoked blue cheese crumbles
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Thinly sliced scallions, to garnish
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks or pickled carrot and celery sticks
Preheat oven to 400°F. Prick sweet potatoes and Russets with a fork and spray with cooking spray. Season skins with salt and pepper and roast to almost tender but not fully cooked, 45 minutes. Cool.
Raise oven temp to 450°F. Halve potatoes and scoop out the potatoe leaving a half-inch layer on the skins. (Reserve the insides of potatoes to make hash brown cakes the next day.) Spray cut side of skins with cooking spray, season with salt and pepper, and roast to crisp.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a chili pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add butter and when it foams, add garlic and onions, stir 3-4 minutes then add spices and stir a minute more. Add turkey and crumble as it cooks up. Stir in hot sauce and tomato sauce, and simmer over low heat to combine flavors.
Fill skins with Buffalo chili and top with cheeses. Melt under the broiler, top with green onions and serve.