Charred Chicken Caesar Sammies
This delicious sammie is on the lighter side.
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 2 large hearts of romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise with stems intact
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese (a generous handful)
- 1 large loaf ciabatta bread, split
- 1 rotisserie chicken, bones discarded and meat sliced
Pre-heat a grill or grill pan. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, anchovy paste, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Whisk in the EVOO until thickened. Brush the romaine hearts with some of the dressing. Mix the cheese into the remaining dressing.
Grill the bread and the lettuce, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes. Trim the ends off the lettuce. Pile the chicken and lettuce on the bread bottom, top with the dressing and cover with the bread top. Cut into four large sammies.