Cheese Dogs in Everything Blankets with Cranberry Mustard
This recipe originally appeared in Every Day With Rachael Ray and on the Rachael Ray Show.
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough (preferred brand Dufour), defrosted in fridge for 2 hours
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups English sharp yellow cheddar, shredded
- 6 natural-casing hot dogs
- 1 cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup prepared cranberry sauce, homemade* or store-bought whole berry
Preheat oven to 375°F with a rack in the center.
Roll out the dough gently on a floured surface and cut into 6 large triangles. Sprinkle each triangle with cheese.
Roll the hot dogs in the dough starting from the long end, brush with egg then generously sprinkle with Everything topping. Arrange dogs on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until puffed and golden, and the dog casings are crisp.
Combine the mustard and cranberry sauce in a small bowl and serve alongside the dogs for dipping.
*For homemade cranberry sauce: Combine 3/4 cup sugar, 1 cup water and 12 ounces cranberries in a small pot and cook until berries burst and sauce thickens. Let cool.