Cheesy Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup cleaned raw whole pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 2 teaspoons grated cheese (Parmesan or Pecorino Romano)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
In a small saucepan, bring 4 cups water, the pumpkin seeds and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then drain. Pat the seeds dry between layers of paper towels.
Combine the cheese and seasonings in a small bowl and toss to coat the pumpkin seeds. Roast for 5 minutes more.