Chicken Sausage with Roasted Rapini
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 large bunch rapini (broccoli rabe), trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, chopped or thinly sliced
- 2 Fresno or red jalapeño chili peppers, finely chopped or 1 rounded teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- Freshly grated or ground nutmeg to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds spiral or link chicken sausage with broccoli rabe or Italian-style chicken sausage
- Splash of lemon juice, dry white wine or vermouth (about 2 tablespoons) Warm, crusty bread, for serving
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and add the broccoli rabe. Blanch for 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss rabe with olive oil, garlic, chilis, fennel seed and nutmeg. Spread rabe out in a single layer and top with sausage.
Roast 10 minutes. Turn the sausage and stir the rabe. Continue roasting until the sausage is cooked through, 10-15 minutes.
Transfer the sausage to a work surface and slice. Toss the rabe with the lemon juice, wine or vermouth. Divide the rabe and sausage among plates and serve with warm bread alongside.