This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 pounds sustainable, firm, white-fleshed fish, such as mahi mahi, cod or halibut
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin, smoked paprika and coriander
- Chipotles in adobo with their sauce (anywhere from 4 for moderate heat to 1 whole 7-ounce can for extra-spicy)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey or light agave
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 inch ginger root, grated
- Natural olive or vegetable oil spray, for grill
- 12 corn tortillas
For the slaw:
- 2 shots silver or gold tequila
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup white or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey, light agave or super-fine sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 head white or red cabbage, very thinly shredded
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cilantro leaves or parsley tops, chopped
For the crema:
- 1 cup crema or sour cream
- 1 ripe Haas avocado, pitted and peeled
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Additional toppings (mix ‘n match):
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Crumbled Queso Fresco
- Pickled jalapeño slices
- Chopped cilantro or parsley
- Lime wedges
Season the fish with cumin, smoked paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. In a food processor, purée chipotle in adobo with lime zest and juice, honey or light agave, oil, garlic and ginger. Pour over fish to coat.
Preheat grill, griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
For slaw, whisk  up tequila, lime juice, vinegar, honey or agave or sugar, oil, salt, pepper and celery seed. Combine cabbage, onions and cilantro or parsley in a mixing bowl  then pour dressing over and toss to coat.
Rinse out processor and add crema or sour cream, avocado, lime juice, salt and cumin; process until smooth.
Spray grill, griddle or skillet with cooking spray and cook fish to opaque and browned, about 6-7 minutes, occasionally turning gently with a fish spatula .
Char tortillas over open flame, on grill or in dry skillet over high heat. Break fish into chunks. Assemble tacos with fish, slaw, crema and toppings of choice.