Chorizo and Shrimp
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound chorizo, cut on bias 1/2-inch thick
- 1 pound medium-large shrimp, deveined and tails left on
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Zest and juice 1 lemon, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes or 1 small red chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Heat a tablespoon of EVOO, 1 turn of pan, in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and render fat, 2 minutes. Remove chorizo with a slotted spoon to a plate then add remaining EVOO, 2 tablespoons, and the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, toss 2 minutes then add garlic, lemon zest and chili. Toss 2 minutes more, add sherry, toss to deglaze pan then add lemon juice and toss again. Add chorizo back to the pan and toss chorizo and shrimp with parsley to serve.