This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 2 tablespoons EVOO  – Extra Virgin Olive OIl
- 1/3 pound meaty pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Scallions, thinly sliced on an angle, whites and greens separated
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 4 organic egg yolks
- 1 pound semolina or corn pasta, such as campanelle curls or farfalle
- Grated Pecorino cheese, about 1 cup freshly grated plus more to pass at table
- A handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Bring a large pot  of water to a boil for the pasta.
Shuck corn and trim the bottom of the ears. Set a small bowl  upside down in a large bowl , balance each ear of corn on the smaller bowl  for stability and scrape the kernels and milk off the cob with sharp knife ; the larger bowl  will catch the kernels.
Heat a large skillet  over medium-high heat with EVOO , 2 turns of the pan . When the oil is hot, add the pancetta or bacon and season with a little coarse black pepper. Render to golden brown, remove to plate with a slotted spoon. Return pan  to heat and melt butter. Add corn, season with salt and red chili flakes, and lightly brown and caramelize, 5-6 minutes.
Salt pasta water and drop pasta.
Add garlic and whites of onions to corn and stir a minute or 2.
Drain pasta and toss with corn, reserved pancetta or bacon and parsley. Top with scallion greens and serve.