Sidle up to this smoky and delicious spaghetti dish! Try serving with Red Beans and Greens Salad .
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO )
- 3 slices smoky bacon, chopped
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it )
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes (14 ounces), chopped or crushed
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 scallions, chopped
Heat a pot of water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and salt the water. Cook to al dente.
Heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the EVOO  and bacon. Brown and crisp the bacon for 5 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon. Drain off a little excess fat if necessary, leaving just enough to coat the bottom of the skillet. Add the ground sirloin and crumble it as it browns, 3-4 minutes.
Add the onion and garlic and stir into the meat. Season the meat with salt and pepper, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Add 1/2 cup beer and deglaze the pan . Cook for 5-6 minutes more, then stir in the tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Add the hot spaghetti to the meat and sauce and combine. Adjust the seasonings and serve up the pasta in shallow bowls . Grate some cheese over the pasta and sprinkle with scallions. Garnish with crisp bacon.