Crispy Bacon Breadcrumb Chicken and Roasted Smoky Green Beans and Potatoes
Bacon adds interest to the breadcrumb coating on the chicken for this complete meal.
For the chicken:
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups regular or whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 8 boneless, skinless thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup prepared or homemade honey mustard
For the beans and potatoes:
- 3/4-1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2-2 pounds small potatoes, quartered
- Canola or olive oil, to coat
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika (a scant palmful)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small bunch scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces on an angle
Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
Crisp up the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat; remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Stir the garlic into the drippings; cook for 1 minute, then add the breadcrumbs and combine. Season with onion, coriander, cumin and parsley; mix in the grated cheese.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and arrange on a parchment-lined or nonstick baking sheet. Slather the chicken with mustard and pack the breadcrumbs evenly into place.
Arrange the beans and potatoes on a second baking sheet and coat with oil; season with smoked paprika, salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 425°F, then add the chicken to the oven and roast for 30 minutes more – the chicken should be cooked through and browned and crispy; the potatoes should be brown and the beans very tender and golden at the edges.
Toss the potatoes and beans with the scallions and serve alongside chicken.