Curried Lamb or Turkey Sandwiches on Naan Bread
- 1 1/2 ground lamb or turkey
- 1 1- pound bag chopped organic frozen spinach, defrosted and wrung dry
- 1/3-1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt, plus more for topping
- 2 rounded tablespoons garam masala (about 2 palmfuls) or curry powder blend of your choosing
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped, plus a big handful fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, cored, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO), for drizzling
- 6 garlic naan breads
Combine the lamb or turkey with the spinach, yogurt, garam masala, garlic and finely chopped mint. Season with salt and pepper. Place about one-sixth of the mixture on a piece of wax paper or parchment and place another sheet on top. Roll out or press the mixture into a thin, free-form patty no more than 1/2-inch thick. Repeat with the remaining mixture, making six patties total.
Combine the coarsely chopped mint with the tomatoes and red onion. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Heat a griddle to medium-high. Drizzle with EVOO to lightly coat and cook the patties until golden and cooked through, 3-4 minutes on each side. Wipe the griddle, add a splash of water, then cook the naans, a few at a time, until crispy and blistered on each side. Halve the naans. Divide the patties among six naan halves. Top each with some tomato salad, a dollop of yogurt and another naan half.