Garlic Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stems
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend, such as McCormick brand Montreal Chicken Seasoning or coarse salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
Arrange the chicken in a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish. Add the garlic, rosemary, EVOO, lemon zest and grill seasoning or salt and pepper to the dish. Toss and coat the chicken with all the ingredients, then place in the oven.
Roast the chicken for 20 minutes. Add the wine or chicken stock and lemon juice to the dish and combine with the pan juices. Return to the oven and turn the oven off. Let stand for 5 minutes longer. then remove the chicken from the oven. Place the baking dish on trivet and serve, spooning the pan juices over the chicken pieces.