Gem Lettuce and Rotisserie Chicken Cobb Salad with Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 12 slices meaty bacon
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Haas avocado, scooped from skin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 anchovy filets, optional
- 2 cloves garlic
- A handful each flat-leaf parsley, tarragon, dill and chives
- 2 scallions, whites and light greens, chopped
- 1 small Serrano chili, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 12 to 14 cocktail tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 heads gem lettuce or 1 head romaine, coarsely chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped and seasoned with Old Bay Seasoning or a few dashes of hot sauce
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups smoked blue cheese or your favorite blue cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place bacon on a slotted pan or wire rack inserted onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake to crisp and well-browned, 18 minutes. Cool and coarsely chop.
Combine yogurt, avocado, lemon juice, anchovies, garlic, herbs, scallions, chili pepper, vinegar, salt, pepper and EVOO in a high-power blender or food processor, and process the dressing to smooth.
In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and red onion.
To arrange salad, place lettuce leaves on a plate and top with dollops of dressing, tomatoes and red onion, chopped eggs, chicken, blue cheese and bacon bits. Pass extra dressing at table.