Gluten-Free Corny Fusilli
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ears corn on the cob, kernels scraped or 2 1/2 cups frozen kernels
- 1 sweet frying, field or bell pepper, red or green
- 1 fresh hot red or green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large bunch scallions, whites and greens separately chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or sliced
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup “No Chicken” Imagine brand stock, chicken stock or vegetable stock
- A handful of basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche
- 1 pound (500 grams) corn-and-rice fusilli pasta, such as Delallo brand
- Freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil, 2 turns of the pan. Add corn and brown at edges, 5-7 minutes. Add peppers, onions, scallion whites, garlic, bay, thyme, salt and pepper; stir 5-7 minutes more. Add stock and basil, stir in crème fraiche, reduce heat and simmer over low heat.
Cook pasta to al dente in salted water. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, drain pasta and add it to the sauce. Toss fusilli and corn with reserved cooking water, EVOO and some grated cheese to taste. Serve in shallow bowls topped with scallion greens.
Get good quality corn-and-rice (gluten-free) fusilli. Buon Italia or Whole Foods carry several corn-and-rice blend pasta cuts as do Brooklyn Fare and Fairway.