Great Goulash: Ground Turkey Paprikash and Macaroni
This quick and hearty recipe has a great combination of flavors. Make extra or save some for leftovers – it tastes even better the next day! For a complete meal, serve with Bibb Lettuce Salads with Caper Dressing Caps.
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/3 pounds ground lean white turkey (the average weight of one package)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
Bring a pot of water to boil for pasta. When it comes to a boil, add pasta and salt to season the cooking water. Cook pasta six minutes to al dente.
While water comes to a boil and pasta cooks, heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO, about one turn around the pan, followed by the butter and the ground meat. Break up meat and crumble, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, onions, red bell peppers and seasonings to the turkey. Cook 5-6 minutes, then add chicken stock and sour cream to the pan. Bring to a bubble and reduce heat to low.
Add cooked pasta and stir. Let pasta absorb some sauce, a minute or so. Adjust seasonings and serve. Garnish the prepared dish with chopped parsley.