Greek-Style Chicken Paillard
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 4 6- to 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, tenderloin removed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, lightly crushed
- 2 heads gem lettuce, chopped (about 3 to 4 loosely packed cups)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 English cucumber, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 loosely packed cup mixed fresh mint and flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled Greek feta
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 pepperoncini, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- About 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Working with 1 breast at a time, butterfly the chicken by cutting horizontally with a sharp knife almost all the way through. Open like a book and pound between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and the oregano.
In a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil, two turns of the pan, over medium-high. Working in two batches, cook the chicken until browned and just cooked through, turning once, 4-6 minutes per batch.
Divide the chicken among plates and top with the Greek salad.