Green Goddess Dip
- 3-4 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 small shallot, chopped or a small, 2-inch piece of red onion or onions
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (2 handfuls)
- 3 tablespoons chives (about 12 blades)
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves (about 3 sprigs)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Black pepper
In a food processor, combine first 6 ingredients and process while adding EVOO in a slow and steady stream. Once the mixture is paste-like, add the avocado and sour cream and process once again until smooth.
Transfer the dip to a bowl and serve with veggies and breadsticks alongside for dipping.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, visit