Gremolata Chicken with Confetti Salad
A colorful salad pairs perfectly with a summer gremolata over chicken; the juice of charrled lemons makes the dish.
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup (loosely packed) flat leaf parsley, chopped
- About 8 tablespoons EVOO, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 5-6 cups baby kale, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas (15 ounces), rinsed
- 1 cup crumbled ricotta salata cheese or feta cheese
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2-3 ribs celery (from the heart) with leafy tops, chopped
Zest and halve the lemons. In a medium size bowl, combine the zest, parsley, 5 tablespoons EVOO, the thyme, garlic and crushed red pepper. Add the chicken; turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning, until cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
Drizzle the cut sides of the lemons with EVOO. Grill, cut side down, until charred, about 4 minutes. Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon over the chicken; slice the chicken.
In a large bowl, toss the kale, chick peas, cheese, peppers, onion and celery with the juice from the remaining lemon and about 3 tablespoons EVOO; season. Serve the chicken with the salad.