Grilled Corn Off the Cobb with Chipotle Cream
- 1 cup cream
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, seeded and finely chopped, 1 teaspoon adobo sauce reserved
- Zest and juice of 1 lime, divided
- 1/2 cup mild crumbling cheese such as queso fresco, Asadero or Cotija, for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 ears corn, husks and silk removed
Pre-heat the grill to medium-high.
In a small saucepot over a low flame, heat and reduce the cream, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and lime zest until thick and flavors come together, about 15 minutes. Reserve and keep warm.
While the cream is reducing, mix the crumbled cheese, oregano, scallion and cilantro together in a small bowl and set aside.
Grill the corn until the kernels begin to char evenly. When the corn comes off the grill, let cool slightly and cut the corn off the cobb. Place a spoonful of corn in a bowl, drizzle with the chipotle cream sauce, sprinkle with the cheese mixture and serve with a squeeze of lime.