This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 large red onion, peeled, cut into rings and grilled
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and sliced in half
- 2 tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- Juice of 2 to 3 limes
- Salt and pepper
- A handful of cilantro
- Tortilla chips, sliced carrots and sliced cucumber, for serving
Heat a grill to a high.
Drizzle onions, jalapeño, tomatoes and avocados with olive oil. Once grill is hot, place everything onto a grill cut-side down and grill until charred. Remove from grill and cool.
Once cool, chop onions and place into a bowl with lime juice and salt. Let sit for a few minutes.
Meanwhile, chop jalapeño and tomato. Add to bowl with onions. Add in the avocado and mash to desired consistency. Stir in cilantro to taste.