Guacamole Chicken Salad Hard Tacos
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 avocados, halved and mashed
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, top removed, seeded and finely chopped
- A small handful cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed and meat pulled into bite-sized pieces
- 8 flat-bottomed, hard-shell corn tacos
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, jack or pepper jack cheese
- Shredded Iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced radishes, pickled jalapeño slices
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mash avocados with lime juice, salt, sour cream, garlic and cumin. Add tomatoes, onions, jalapeño and cilantro, and stir. Fold in chicken to coat; taste to adjust seasoning.
Arrange tacos on a baking sheet and sprinkle some cheese in each. Bake 3-5 minutes to warm, toast and melt cheese. Remove from oven.
Fill tacos with lettuce and chicken salad; top with radishes and pickled jalapeños.