This is a mash-up of egg salad and guacamole in a BLT! Serve on crusty bread or as a brunch dip mounded in a bowl  and topped with chopped tomatoes and bacon, and Romaine hearts and tortilla chips for dipping.
- 12 slices good-quality, smoky, center-cut bacon
- Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red jalapeño pepper or Fresno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- 2 large ripe Hass avocados, pitted and scooped from skins
- A small handful of cilantro, chopped
- 12 eggs
- Cayenne pepper hot sauce (2-3 teaspoons), such as Frank’s Red Hot
- Romaine hearts
- Vine tomatoes, sliced
- 4 baguettes (8-10 inches each), split or tortilla chips, for dipping
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
Bake the bacon on a slotted broiler pan  to crisp.
Place the chopped onion, chili peppers and garlic in a bowl . Salt liberally, then douse with lime juice; let stand for 10 minutes. Add the avocados and cilantro and mash with a potato masher to fairly smooth.
Place the eggs in a pot  with a lid; cover with cold water and bring the water and eggs, uncovered, to a rolling boil. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Cover the pot  and remove from the heat. After 10 minutes, cool the eggs by running under cold water or placing in an ice water bath. Crack the shells and let stand for a few minutes in cold water to loosen. Peel and chop the whites and yolks and dress with hot sauce, salt and pepper. Add the eggs to the guacamole and combine to make the salad.
To build the sandwiches, place three slices of bacon on a baguette then top with the lettuce, sliced tomatoes and lots of egg salad; set the baguette top in place. Or, serve the egg salad mounded in a shallow serving bowl  and top with chopped tomatoes and chopped bacon. Serve with Romaine hearts and tortilla chips for dipping.